Child Performance Licence

 Performance licences and supervision for children

A child may need a licence if they’re under school leaving age (usually 16 but depends on where you live) and taking part in:
films, plays, concerts or other public performances that the audience pays to see, or that take place on licensed premises
any sporting events or modelling assignments where the child is paid

The person in charge of running the event must apply to the child’s local council for a child performance licence at least 21 days before the event.

Supervision for the child

If the child will not be with their parent, school teacher, or home tutor, they must be supervised by a chaperone approved by the council. 

Chaperones can apply for approval from the council.

Full details, and application form etc at

Community Web Kit provided free by BT